Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

Halloween - Night At The Asylum

Can you take me home?


It's November already! How did the rest of the 10 months go by so quickly?? :O I ask myself that question every year LOL. Anyway Happy November everyone! :)

Halloween was 3 days ago and this was the first time I decided to go all out in dressing up! I've never been one in collecting wigs or costumes, because I always thought it was a waste of money to buy stuff you can only use once. So I decided to go in something that I've always had but never wore anymore! 

Initially I had a tough time deciding what I wanted to be. There were an abundance of tutorial videos on Youtube, which made it even more difficult for me to make up my mind.

I wanted to be a mermaid, because the makeup looked relatively fun to do! Plus it looked really pretty on the makeup artist herself. It was so tempting till I realised I had no idea what to wear if I was indeed going to go as a mermaid.

I don't think anyone in Malaysia walks around with shells on their chest, even on Halloween night.

So I flipped through my closet and found this white dress lying in it, which was for Chinese New Year a few years back, and was never worn again.

The dress looked really lacy and doll-like, which was all the rage at one point of time, if you still can remember haha. It was the time where all the Japanese magazines like Vivi featured all their girls wearing the bohemian look, which soon after became a trend here as well. 

Staring at the dress, I came up with an idea. Why not dress as a doll this year?

Tada!
The end result of my amateur skills.

 I had to do a little shopping because I realised I didn't have enough fake eyelashes to pull of this look. I also had to buy a white eye pencil to line my eyes, giving it an illusion of big doll-like eyes.

So I went to Daiso and bought two boxes of lashes there, since their lashes were the cheapest I could find in such a short amount of time. I was looking around and stumbled upon a box which had two pairs of falsies in it, which meant it was just a mere RM 2.50 for a pair!

Obviously I went for it thinking, wow what a bargain. I got excited so I bought that and another box which only had a single pair.

Let me just say one thing. NEVER BUY THE ONE WITH TWO PAIRS IN A BOX FROM DAISO.

It was pretty darn uncomfortable to wear because the lash base was so stiff. And what more, I actually layered the lashes for a more dramatic look. So you can imagine how stiff the falsies became together and the entire night I felt like something was poking my eye.

Now I know why it costs what it costed LOL. Lesson learned.



This was my first time slapping tons of eyeshadow on my lids and slathering this much of foundation on my face. One of the problems I had while doing this makeup was the shine on my face. I have combination skin so my skin usually becomes shiny after awhile for some reason.
My face doesn't feel oily or anything, and in fact if I do touch my face, it just feels dry and smooth but the shine will be there. Anyone have this weird problem like me? :/ If you do, please do share with me how you combat the shine.

 So I had to bombard my face with loads of baby powder. I couldn't use the normal compact powder my mum had because I needed to match the foundation I used which was two shades lighter than my skin tone.



Overall I guess I was happy with the outcome because I managed to scare everyone haha. All my friends said I looked super scary hehehe.

What made my night was when one of the admins actually told me that I could've won the title Best Costume! Unfortunately I arrived pretty late, thanks to my phone where I had to u-turn to get which I left at Shu Faye's place, and also thanks to the massive jam which happened at the whole stretch of road outside Sunway. So boohoo :'( better luck next time. #BadLuckHons

But I was still happy to know that my makeup wasn't that bad after all hehe.

On a another note, some people actually thought I was Annabelle LOLLL. And I had to explain I wasn't. And that I was just a regular doll. 

I brought Smurf along. 
P.S. I didn't name him after the blue smurfs because I've never heard of them before till few years back when the first movie came out.
Coming to think of it, I don't know why I actually named him Smurf though. 

Somehow, I figured my doll had a backstory... 


She wasn't always a doll. She was a normal little girl who loved soft toys and played with dolls. 
But one day, something bad happened to her and her family. She and her family died a violent death.
When she died, her soul never left earth and instead she possessed a life-like puppet doll, determined to find her murderer.
This explains why she holds a teddy bear although she is a doll.

 Doll just wants to party tonight.








My sister went as the lovely Morticia Addams.

Hui Min was the cute Minnie Mouse.

Eva went as Catwoman! 
The sexier version ;)
She was so funny, I asked her why she didn't take off her mask. She said because she wanted to look mysterious. Hahahahahhaha.


I'm coming to get you. 
(look at those humans running away)



I'm everywhere...

Smile.


Shu Faye and I.
She dressed up as the female version of Joker!
I love love love her brows.


So that was my Halloween night in total! How was yours? :D
Regardless, I hope everyone had a fun time dressing up and putting makeup on.

Just a fun fact I heard: In the US, they spent an astonishing amount of 7 billion, all just for this one day - Halloween.

Hope you guys liked my outfit! Do tell me what you think about it :D 


Now I just can't wait for next year. Maybe I can finally be a mermaid then.


*p.s. yes my food post is still coming haha*

No comments:

Post a Comment