Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Information Is Not Knowledge

Hey everyone! I know it's been so long since I've been here *gasps*.  I finally decided to update this space before I forget or procrastinate again. 

I have been working on a few things recently and it really took almost all my free time away. The first one would be looking for a place to study. I think I'm considered as a 'drop-out' (or not haha), because I just decided to stop after much contemplation. It's a really long story on how I came to that decision on just stopping my studies altogether, but I hope it was the right choice and even if it wasn't, it was the best option available.

So I stopped because mainly I wanted to resume my studies overseas. I wanted to gain experience not only in Malaysia but elsewhere as well, be it New Zealand, US or actually anywhere at all. The problem was, education in those places are expensive and if I chose to continue the semester which I dropped, chances are I wont have the opportunity to further my studies elsewhere. 

I know some may ask why not just complete your studies in Malaysia, but it has always been my lifelong dream to step out of my comfort zone, into the wild and gain new experiences. Haha now I sound like an animal from the show Madagascar trying to escape the zoo.

My mum was talking to me the other day about my education, future and my plans. Then she started talking about knowledge and this quote she read by Einstein.

To say I was left in awe by this quote would be an understatement.
I was awestruck. Dumbfounded. Mind blown. 

The words kept playing in my head again and again. I always thought information was something to do with knowledge. Like whatever we read or heard, I always thought it was of some value close to knowledge. But now I realise, all these little bits and pieces of information we obtain from others are nothing without experience.

There's only so much a teacher can teach and a student can absorb. And now it finally makes sense why many of us feel that half the things we study for exams cannot be applied after that. 

Heck, some of us can't even remember what we studied after our exams because everything we have been focusing on was... gathering information. We were so focused in trying to accumulate all these information in our brain we forgot to pay attention on how to apply it. We get so caught up with memorising stuff that most of the time when a question which we know the answer to is twisted in another way, we become stunned in shock, not knowing how to respond.

I guess I really want to experience places as they are, and not just gather blank information on all of them thinking I know what is out there, when in actual fact I don't. This is why I have been yearning to further my studies overseas. At the end of the day, it's experience that counts.

I just thought this was something really interesting to share. Hopefully you were as mind boggled as me hearing about this quote.

Just some photos I took while I was away.

 Went to Anselm's hou- *cough* mansion *cough*, for a small bbq party.




 We celebrated Gillian and Anthony's birthday there as well.




We didn't get to swim because it rained and according to Anselm, the water wasn't that clean.
It was a nice place to take pictures though.





Besides that, I have been helping some of my friends from IACT for their assignments. 
I have a feeling that they have alot of assignments right now because my friends asked me to help be a 'model' for them.
And no one would ask me to model for them unless their condition is critical LOL.

I can't model gaisss. For nuts.

I mean I'd like to think I can, but the actual fact which will always remain a fact is that I just don't look that good in the camera.


For some reason Blogger makes my photos a little more yellow than it is.

 My sister says I look scary here haha.
I couldn't really smile because otherwise there was a chance my braces would be peeping, and I know most photographers/ people who looks at photographs do not like braces, so I didn't dare take the risk.
Therefore all I did was try to contain the metal in my mouth. 
Sigh, brace face problems.



Yeap that's pretty much what I have been doing, looking for universities, going for gatherings, helping fellow friends in their assignments, serving the youth ministry in church and oh, I started dancing again! 

Going back to Urban Groove for classes but right now it's pretty hard to juggle as the biggest event of the year for my Youth Ministry - The Youth Rally, is in 3 weeks. There's so much to prepare, and so much things that need to be done in this 3 weeks and I'm freaking out. We are having practices like 4 times a week now and next week I think we will be having everyday practices. Not to mention it's time for a spring cleaning around the house now that Christmas is coming.

I will try to update soon, as I will be off to camp for this weekend! :D So excited. I just hope I don't get fat when I come back with their 6-meals-a-day plan -.-"

Did I mention I bought a new phone too HAHA. So much to update. Till the next post! Will talk about my new phone then.


No comments:

Post a Comment