Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

The Good Batch @ Damansara Utama

I wounded up at Damansara Utama a few weeks ago for a meet up with my friends because one of them recently came back from Monfort and ever since he left, we never saw him for half a year.

If you don't know what Monfort is, it's something like boarding school because you will have to stay there and they discipline you. That's just a vague explanation.

Back to where I was, I haven't been around this part of Damansara in ages. And it's lovely to see so many new budding restaurants here! Minus the jam of course. And the lack of parking.

The Good Batch was just one of the many cafes here which people actually talk about.

Credits to Jiaqieats from Google.
I didn't get to snap a picture of their front because it was really dark and there were a few people hanging around outside the restaurant who were staring at us lol. 

Gillian said this place was highly recommended by many.
And indeed, the people kept pouring in like bees attracted to honey non-stop even at 9pm.


People often come here more for their breakfast, brunch or lunch, as you can see the list of choices from their menu.
Most of their mains were breakfast food.



 The "Ang Moh"
RM 25.90
Scrambled organic eggs, beef bacon, grilled chicken sausage, cherry tomatoes, portabello mushroom, pan fried potatoes, baked beans and toasted bread.
This was ordered by friend and I can't say much about it because I only took a bite.
Portion wise, it can be quite unsatisfying if you're looking for a filling dinner after a long day of work.
Everything here tasted average though.

 Portobello Road.
RM 19.90
Breaded portobello mushrooms served with spinach and tomatoes, topped with poached eggs and homemade Hollandaise, supposedly with toasted bread.
But we didn't notice it that night because we were starving and after beating around the jam, were too hungry to care.
The mushrooms were breaded but still flavourful and juicy, making it perfect as a combination with the rest of the ingredients.

Hangover Mess.
RM 20.90
Corned beef mixed with pan fried potatoes and diced capsicums complete with two sunny side ups and drizzled with their herb-infused Hollandaise.
Honestly, it was the name that attracted me to order this.
And it's price.
One thing about this place is that, they do not have pictures in their menu so you wouldn't know how you dish would turn out.
In my head, I was picturing something really messy and wholesome.
So when it arrived, I felt a little cheated and disappointed.
The yolks burst beautifully at the touch of a fork, and the rest was just a blur.
All that was stained in my mind was the memory of the many fried potatoes under the blanket of eggs.

The existence of corned beef was barely noticeable.
Portion was small too, and it left me still hungry.

Price

Quite pricey considering it's nothing fancy, just another cafe concept restaurant built for the curious.

Service

Service was one thing that shone at this place. Really awesome waiters and waitresses here, smiling all the way, providing help when needed.

Taste

Rather average from what we ordered.
But the drinks may differ as we didn't try it, seeing how it can get really crowded in the night.

Parking

Difficult. But they've built a parking lot right opposite this row of shops, which will make parking during the day alot better. 

Would I return?

No. As a student I can't afford to spend RM 30 on food that can't fill me up or at least leave me amazed :/ 

Say hi to Anselm.
I look like an auntie here thanks to all the makeup for one of my friend's assignments hahah.

Mauricia, Gillian, Anselm and I.








The Good Batch
53, SS21/1A, Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya
+603 - 7733 2303
Tues-Thurs, 10am-10pm; 
Fri-Sun & public holidays, 10am-1am

It's the same row as Wondermilk and Fat Spoon Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment