Pages

Friday 27 December 2013

The Spirit of Christmas


It's Chirstmas, and I've been thinking about this for awhile now.

How exactly do one obtain that "Christmas Spirit" everyone - from people to books and movies, have been talking about?

Well the funny thing about it is, if you have it, you'll know it. And if you don't, you'll know it too. 

What got me thinking about it was when one of my friends told me how Christmas felt like just another ordinary day. I was dumbfounded when I heard that. Christmas has never struck me as 'just another ordinary day'. 

Instead, it was always the day I looked forward to, whether it was just sitting at home watching Christmas movies after Christmas movies or going out to parties and stuff.

And then I asked myself, why.
It was because of this immense joy I had in me everytime I knew Christmas was coming. Just the thought of it and the reason for this beautiful season - Jesus, was enough to make me shout for joy. Other than that, I have to admit the whole process, pre-Christmas and post-Christmas, plays a pretty big role in instilling this joy in people.

Whether its prepping up the tree and hanging the ornaments on it, going Christmas shopping, wrapping up the presents for people, going house hopping  for some Christmas Carolling, or finally giving out the presents! But the best part for me, and have always been for the 19 years of my measly life, would be the FOOD.

Everything about this festive season is just YUMZ. I can already visualize turkeys, lambs, fruitcake and gingerbread man floating in front of me right now.

So I guess that's just it. That's just what the Christmas Spirit is - Joy. It's the joy of sharing, the joy of giving and the joy of receiving. :)

Merry Christmas everyone.

 My outfit for Christmas Eve night.










My front camera sucks but oh well.










 Oh and we had to pitch up a tent because our electricity got cut all of a sudden :(
At first we couldn't switch on the air conditioning because it will trigger it and the whole house would black out.
But then it got worse till the point even plugging in a vacuum cleaner could trigger it.
So we had to sleep with the fan on and my sis were so afraid of the heat they wanted to sleep out LOL.


 MnM cookies :D
This time I baked it with my mum haha.

Oh and I forgot to mention.
TADA
I got braces yesterday!
HOMAIGAWSH. Now I totally understand why people just resent trips to the dentist.
Everything I eat hurts now :'(
But it will be worth it! >:)


No comments:

Post a Comment