Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Philippines- Manila

I'm finally back from my hectic getaway, and I really had no time to blog in Manila. At all.
Yes all 6 days and 5 nights of it were just crazy. Honestly, I didn't expect to have so much fun there, given the fact that it was gonna be super hot there and the living condition there is really bad.

 Furthermore, nobody ever said anything much about shopping or doing anything there, though it is apparently one of the famous fashion cities in the world. Most of the time people talk about places like Bangkok or Hong Kong when they wanna go on a shopping spree. 

So undeniably, I was already feeling tragic when my parents told my sisters and I that we were going there for 6 days. 
I mean 6 FRIGGIN DAYS is alot to comprehend when you have a life back here. 

My life:

Wake up
 Walk dogs
 Feed dogs
Eat
FB,Twitter,Instagram
Gym
Eat
Walk dogs
Feed dogs 
Sleep
(x50)

You can say I have quite a tight schedule to keep.
Enough of my crap and I shall let my pictures do the talking!
 My sissie so gorge, I'm gonna fade into dust soon.


From KLIA, we flew to Singapore's Changi Airport to get ourselves transferred to another flight there.
It was our first time in Changi and I tell you solemnly the entire airport is friggin cool!

 These are all recycling bins! So cute right?
Maybe that's how they encourage people to recycle more with such interesting bins.
I was so excited I almost wanted to finish up my full bottle of water to throw it in the bottle bin.
Almost.




All the foodies in the airport will get you hungry.


 This is a booth where you can snap photos and email it to your beloved friends/family/neighbours/dogs on the spot.

Because of this booth, we wasted like half an hour there, trying to get our best shot.
The part where I had to tip-toe the whole time since the camera cannot be angled lower, wasn't helping.
FML for being a shawtie. WOOOT.










Ugly pimple -.-


 I found this shampoo brand really interesting because of Blades Of Glory. 
For those of you who watched that movie, ya know why ;D


You know how there's online shopping and all? 
Well here we have traffic jam shopping.
Whenever the cars stop where there's heavy traffic, people from no where will start walking around the road to sell their stuff.
It's quite sad to see though :/ 
Cuz it's really dangerous to walk on the road like this and they don't get to sell much too
We even saw kids walking around at night on the roads selling flowers.






 This is called a Jeepney.
I thought it was such a cute name I had to share it!
People can just get on or off it during traffic lights or any stops.

After that we went for the buffet here, where they had an array of Filipino, Western, and Japanese cusine to choose from.














Sucks to be you if you have an empty tummy while seeing this hehe.







 My personal photobomber.


 On the third day, we went all around the churches in Manila.
And the churches were all so beautiful!
The architecture and all.. it was all so breathtaking.
Doesn't this look like a church you'd only see in movies??






 I found myself a model to snap pictures of.




After so many years, they finally got to walk down the aisle again <3

 LOL my sisters wanted a couple shot too.

This is the perfect interior for a grand wedding.
Where the girl can wear a wedding dress with a long train trailing behind, as she walks gracefully to the front of the altar.

I'm gonna get a train like this when I get married too. 
If I'm rich enough.








I'm so retarded.

 Yes the singing cooks here literally sing.








 The wonderful entertainers :)





 Nothing much. Just me ridin' on ma chick.

Luckily the chicken did not collapse because after me, my entire family came along and decided to ride on the chickens too.

 The most beautiful cemetery I've ever seen.
This is actually where all the American soldiers,who died during World War II, were buried.
This cemetery was basically to pay tribute to the heroes and defenders of this country.





 We couldn't help it.
 The grass was too perfect to not take pictures with.







WHEEEE

 Houses for the dead.
 It stirred up many criticisms when it was all firstly built.
There were so many of it.. that could've actually been used for a better cause.. like housing the homeless on the streets.
But yet, humans being humans, rather shelter the dead than their own kind.


 Behold. The roman empire for the dead.
Our friend who brought us around said that the houses here, and especially this one held parties whenever it was a special occasion regarding the dead.
Oh yeahhh. Partying with dead people cuz we cool like that. 
--"

 Jolibee.
Philippine's very own brand for fried chicken.
And it is super popular.
There wasn't a night I saw any of the Jolibee restaurants empty.
It was all overflowing with people so we decided to try it.
Let's just say it's abit too tasty for our liking.

 A definite must-go tourist shopping spot.









 Manila is basically fanatic over 1D. 
Wherever I went to shop, the people were like 'Do you like 1D?'
And then they'll show us their complete collection of 1D T-shirts for sale.
So for those of you Directioners, Manila can be considered as your mecca.
 The dolls are creepy, just saying lol.


Meet my new smokin hot and buff boyfie.




Dinner. Cuz there really ain't much choice of food in their food courts.
And plus their usual diet consisted of meat and rice only (unless it's fast food). 
They don't eat veggies.
I was mortified when I heard that, cuz how one earth can they not get constipation at this rate?
Apparently most of the Filipinos I saw looked pretty healthy and fit so I guess their digestive system is strong.
The only time we got to have our daily dose of fibre was during breakfast at the hotel, and even so, they take quite awhile just to refill the veggie platter.
Limited supply I guess.








Yes la yes. I'm very vain.
But I assure you this was purely the result of boredom and taken on the first night cuz we had nothing to do when we reached there.
So you can guess what happened the whole night.







My shopping haul. There's a bit more to it but it's all in the laundry now.




 Oh! And I finally got myself some look-alike Litas! 
This was the last pair they had and I was over the moon when I could fit into it!
That Cinderella moment.

This pair cuz it makes my feet look so lady-like.
I felt like a true gu niang after wearing it haha.

Where to Shop?

The shopping spot I loved the most here at Manila was definitely 168 Mall which was located at Divisoria.
The stuff there are SO SO SO worth it!
Of course Greenhill is a pretty ok place as well, but the people there are totally used to tourists, so the starting prices of their items are quite high, and you'd have to bargain.
There's another place called Market!Market! 
And it is literally spelt that way with the exclamation mark.
I don't know why.
Inside there, on the 2nd floor you'll find an entrance called Fashion Market, or something along those lines.
The stuff here is pretty nice and their items range from cheap to expensive, quality items.

168 Mall and Market!Market! are places where it is really hard to bargain, or in other words, cannot be bargained at all because of its already low price.

Oh and did I mention I felt so flattered shopping in Manila? 
Cuz most of the people there mistaken us for Koreans.
Hohoho. 
Wait that's a good thing right? lol

Finally I can post this now!
Thanks to my reaally bad broadband service, I couldn't post this the past 2 days.
It was already in the draft but it wouldn't let me post anything or upload any of the photos :(

Anyways, I went to Penang as well for this young journalism workshop called BRATs right after my trip to Manila.
So I'll talk about my awesome experience there the next time.
Till then :D


No comments:

Post a Comment