Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Last Friday Night - Prom

I finally found time to update about what happened last Friday. It was Prom Night.


Nope it was not my prom cuz there is no such thing as prom in my course. There was one really huge one though, but for the whole of my Uni. Plus it's quite expensive if I remembered it right. So meh, what fun is it to go for that one.

Well I did not get to take much photos thanks to my clumsiness for leaving my phone in my friend's car. Yes that was how my day started out. Poor me.

Anyways I got my hair done like finally once, in a saloon. For real, I have never did anything special to my hair before (other than cutting it) and I was so excited because I got to curl my hair. *giggles* 
The last time I went for prom was when I was Form 5 and... I had a good time but the pictures totally sucked cuz of my hair and dress. And pictures are like proof for any experience you've been through. So... the memory of those pictures made it not that great of an experience.

If you're really desperate to see how fugly I looked, you're just one click away. Don't judge me. --

And if you're wondering what happened to my hair, an auntie did it. I wanted like a sophisticated look, where my hair would fall nicely to the side in curls. 
She stuck like shitloads of pins in my hair and told me it wouldn't fall off, though my whole head of hair felt like it was about to drop even before I stepped out of her place.

Kk not cool.
So this time, I decided to opt for something much simpler that hair stylists would know. And tada!

A variation of  the Waterfall braid. 
And she sprayed like a little golden brown to my hair so the braids would look a little more obvious.
It was for only RM 35 too! 
Definitely will come back here if I ever want to do anything special to my hair.

I did this at 10.30 am in the morning. So you can imagine how hard it was for me to keep it looking neat and proper till 6 pm when the prom started.

Since I did not bring my phone, I stole many pictures from Wen Wen lol. Photo creds go to her.

All of us decided to meet up at Concorde Hotel before going for the event. This was cuz all the girls had their hair and makeup done nearby around KL. Except for me.

That was cuz I thought they were paying a total of RM 100 for their makeup to be done, so obviously cheapskated-me rejected the thought of letting anyone do my face for me.
But I thought wrong.
Apparently it was RM100 for getting their hair and makeup done together.

I was devastated for a moment because I could've just saved my effort on scribbling all over my face cluelessly and leave everything to the professionals. Who actually knew something about makeup.

Yep it was my first time putting blusher, powder, eyeshadow and all those girly stuff on my face. I know I sound pathetic but I did my best aite.

Look at how pretty they look.
Their makeup all done by the pros.
Unflattering picture of all of us while getting ready.


The night started of well and all of us got wristbands.
I guess as a souvenir?

The ladies.

The gentlemen.




The menu was a bit funny.
Lol what young Malaysian likes Cinnamon soup. 
Alright one of the guys on my table liked it, but he likes everything so.. he doesn't count.
And who serves coffee and tea at night? 
We all were laughing so hard when somebody mentioned it.
Probably to prepare us for the after party. I don't even know.

Our table :)
Oh and all the picts look really reddish cuz of the lighting.
So bear with me.


I'd probably sound so Chinapek for saying this, but I never expected my duck to look like that.
I thought it was just some normal ham till I reread the menu.
Pardon the lack of English vocabulary I have, but I did not even know what the hell was "Terrine".
Now I do though.



The main course.

And the wonderful cinnamon soup.
Which, no offence, kinda tasted like cockroach's pee.
The chocolate mousse was really nice to me though.



Trying to be as lady-like as possible.





 All the pretty ladies :)




 The lady on the right was a lecturer. 
I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked as if she was the same age as us!







My sponsor for the event. 
The prom date.




Then we proceeded outside to camwhore lol.
Coming to think of it now, there are actually alot of pictures. 
If you're still not bored you can continue scrolling :P

 Happy people.

Prom king and Ah Beh :)

 Rayhan and I. 
Awesome singer. He took the song 'Reason' to a whole new level.

Kheng Zhun!
I met quite a few old friends today and it was great to see them again after such a long time.
Didn't manage to catch up on each other much though :(

There was this little competition going on as well. 
The prom date and I was seriously brainstorming on really cool stuff to pose in front of the camera and all to achieve this 'best' picture.
Unfortunately, we did not know we had to post the pictures up before the night ended.
We thought it was a post-prom kinda competition.

DAAAAMN we could've won with this picture:
 Can you tell who's the dude? LOL



Eevy and I.


 Kenneth. He's super funny.

 Terence. The guy with the wonderful S3 which I jacked and used it to spam taking pictures.

 Best face forward.

Yea that's Hern on the right.


 OOTN :)

I can fly wheeeee~

I'm so lazy that I think only two photos were filtered cuz both of it were too dark.
 The rest is... well lookable I guess, so I did not bother editting it heh.

Just when you thought it was over, we went for the after party at Vertigo. We were extremely excited for it, cuz (paiseh) it was gonna be our first time. 
We almost got lost on the way but we managed to reach in the end at 2 am.

After walking up all the escalators painstakingly in our 6 inch heels, we finally reached. 
But we were told that there were too many people inside and therefore we couldn't go in -.-

My shoes. 
Do you feel my pain now?

Wtheck and the place closes at 3 am. Yet, it was still full. 
And then I came to know that there was another college which was having their prom on the same night as us, plus the after party at the same place as us.

#badluckivena

Oh well, but the scenery was beautiful at the moment. We enjoyed ourselves watching people puke on plants and walking with jelly legs outside. 

So we headed back to the hotel and 14 of us decided we needed one more room. We got a second room and crashed immediately at the sight of the two glorious single beds.


The journey in between everything I went through last Friday was seriously the fun part. Even in the car when we thought we were gonna get lost. lol. I miss all 13 of them already :( They made everything so easy going and fun. It was like I could be as retarded as I wanted in front of them and they wouldn't mind. 
Haha they really made my day :))


But if I had a chance to change anything last Friday..




No comments:

Post a Comment