Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Day Out In KL // Happy Meal Pastries

Last week was crazy! I spent almost everyday out, and as you can guess, I did alot of window shopping and erm, shopping. On one of the days I went down to KL because Dom had to collect his visa there, so I decided to tag along.

First we went to Pasar Seni and I fell in love with this shop which sells all sorts of tarts there. It's a small shop but many people stopped by to pick up a few pastries, including foreigners.

The shop's name is called Happy Meal.

 Look at the variety of pastries they have here.
Many bakeries sell their cakes and tarts at this price however the size of it is usually really small :/
Here, the price is typical but they are pretty generous with the size of their tarts and their fillings as well.
And everything is fresh considering the number of people pouring in each day, making it necessary for them to keep baking!


We bought the apple cheese crumble tart,walnut tart and the durian tart.


 The walnuts were plentiful! 
The nuts were not bitter or soft, which are the top 2 things I fear when buying walnut tarts.
Basically, it's just really hard to buy a good walnut tart which doesn't have cut-throat-pricing around Malaysia.
But this shop was an exception.


 The apple cheese crumble tart up close.
They have alot of apples inside this tart and I actually tasted flakes of crusty cheese inside.

The filling of the durian tart tasted literally like... durian.
But I like it better than the fresh fruit itself HAHA.
This is cuz the smell is not as overwhelming plus the filling doesn't stink up your breath as much as the real fruit does.
Just a few rinses and the smell would be totally gone.
And what's best, it still tastes like durian haha.

Impromptu picnic at the park.

 I felt like a tourist snapping pictures everywhere haha.

 And then of course I had to take a picture of my outfit.
I got this romper from Cotton On, but let me advice you, DO NOT BUY IT.

Two days after I bought it, I went to Cotton On again to look around only to find the sales person working there wearing the exact same romper as mine -.-

I don't get it. 
I know you want to promote your clothes but have you ever thought that perhaps people will be abit intimidated to buy that particular piece of clothing since everyone working in your shop is ALREADY wearing it?

I just don't see the logic.

After that, on this particular day when I was wearing it walking around Avenue K, I suddenly spotted a glimpse of colour which seemed familiar to me.
A girl was wearing it and walking towards my way, so I immediately asked Dom to hide me. LOL

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel really paranoid if I see anyone walking with the same shirt/outfit as me.
Ugh.. this is why I prefer things which have no labels on.
It's less likely people will wear the exact same thing as you.

 Let's just enjoy this outfit while it lasts.
I'm probably never going to wear this out again hahaha :(






 Look at this Boho wannabe HAHAHA.

He is obviously trying very hard to be like this:





Oh don't mind me.
Just trying to place my awkward muscular legs nicely.



Oh if you're interested to try the yummy pastries I mentioned, Happy Meal is located at:

 143 Jalan Tun H S Lee, 
50000 Kuala Lumpur, 
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
03-2072 6080

That's it for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment