Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Dueba Dreamy.I Brown Lenses

Hey bunnies! Have you ever looked at people with blue, green or grey eyes and felt a pang of envy towards them?
Well I certainly have. And it's annoying that as an Asian Chinese, our eye colour does not vary. So all our eyes are the same dark brownish colour (which has no hint of brown usually).

*Sigh*

Asian eyes. The first curse was that it's genetically small, and now the second is that it's just plain boring.

But people have been going to great lengths just to change the colour of their irises, with now even existing a surgical procedure to change the colour of your iris permanently.

It's really not worth though, considering the pain you'd have to undergo and the many risks that can happen, including being blinded for life o.o

So, as a safer alternative people have been turning to circle lenses!

Lately, I have just been very into coloured circle lenses. My favourite colour is grey and I have always admired people with grey eyes..

So sexy I kenot.

But recently, I decided to try these brown contact lenses because of how amazing it looked on the model.
It looked dreamy just like what it's name claims.

The lens came in little tubes like these.

Dueba Dreamy.I Brown Circle Lenses.
Diameter: 14.5mm.
Power Available: 0.00 to 10.00
Life Span: 1 year
Base Curve: 8.6
Price: Affordable - RM 30 
Bought it from here

I am abit anal about colour lens not being the same shade of colour, so I didn't like the fact that the one on my right looked darker than the left.


 Sorry for the bad quality and my skin's uneven tone..
I've been having many breakouts on my eye brows lately.
But here's a picture so that you'll be able to compare and determine the enlargement these lens give.



Enlargement

For me, the enlargement is good enough because of how short my eyes are.
In fact, I would rather it be just 14.2mm because I think I would look like an alien without makeup. So if you have puny/short eyes like mine, you'd probably need to wear makeup for this lens to look natural on you.

Vision 

Ok I found that not all circle lenses suit different people. I was wearing one from Freshkon before this and the lens blocked out 1/3 of my vision, which was really annoying. Apparently some people have this problem when I tried Googling for a solution. However, these lenses were great with vision and everything was crystal clear, no blurriness.

Comfort

I wore this from 5.30 am in the morning till 2.30 pm. So it was a total of 9 hours, and one side was even accidentally flipped and I didn't realise it until 1 hour later when I started to wonder why one side felt so dry. Initially, I thought it was just perhaps the air conditioner blowing on my eyes, so I didn't take the lenses out to flip it around. I continued wearing it till 2.30 pm when I reached home.
Only then, I took it out to examine it and realised that it had been worn inside-out after all! So imagine how comfortable it is, to the point I'm able to wear it inside-out for 9 hours lol (I'm crazy I know, don't try this at home). The second day, I wore it properly and it lasted for up to 11 hours, but with abit of dryness throughout the day.

Colour & Design 

The colour is great, but would have been greater if both sides came in the same shade. I like the design because it was really simple, yet able to make a noticeable impact on my eyes, considering that my eyes are so dark it's almost black. The colour looks natural, and I know many people will love the black rim around the lenses, as it frames your pupils making it seem larger.

Conclusion

These lens are not that natural looking after all compared to the picture they provided. I guess her eyes are super huge, which is why it makes the lens seem not too big but just nice for her. For some reason, these lenses would only look super pretty with fake eyelashes and eye makeup, giving that dolly-eyed effect.  Personally, I just think it doesn't look natural without makeup because it makes you look like an alien instead of a doll.



Without flash.

With flash.
                                                                   
I wanted to upload a video to show the lenses in motion but it was giving me too much trouble and for some reason it wouldn't play properly.
Plus it was only for few seconds lol. 
So I guess GIFs are the way to go!

HAHAHA
I'M. SO. UGLY.

Oh and I got these circle lenses for only RM 25 because of their Raya Promo, which is still happening now if I'm not mistaken.

Hope you guys liked this review :)
And I'm off and away!



No comments:

Post a Comment