Pages

Thursday 19 September 2013

BBQ Parties

No filter.
The power of good lighting haha.

Whoosh. Have been super busy the last week with back to back BBQ sessions and then late classes and practices for a song we were working on for Performing Arts.
Right so last Saturday started off pretty fun and then ended up in a disaster.
Yea didn't have the mood to talk about it for a while, until I finally opened up to my best friend.

The barbecue was actually for my Godma's birthday (thumbs up for September babies!), and they prepared so so so much food till all of us were practically filled till our throats, and yet there still food left. Food left enough for another barbecue celebration. And I'm not kidding when I say the food prepared was enough to feed a neighbourhood.

Hence, I brought my DSLR and went there all smiley faced and all ready to snap pictures of the food and the people there. After I snapped a picture of my meal and did what Asians would normally do, this guy came along with a DSLR as well. And I remember our conversation started off because of it.

Then half way through I thought he was gonna leave for good to join the others who were sitting outside chit chatting, but he came back to the table where my sisters and I were sitting.

So what did you do when some random guy comes to your table? Talk. DUH. And that was exactly what I did. I tried to be friendly I guess and  therefore I asked him a few questions, while he asked me a few as well. 

But half way through the conversation he kept making me sound inferior for some reason. I talked about why I did not want to go to Australia because of how the racism there was getting pretty serious. I mean that's like a general fact right. The entire world knows that Malaysians, Singaporeans, Chinese and Hong Kongers love migrating and studying there since it's the nearest to our countries, and they are the closest we can get to the Westerners. Obviously some of you have different viewpoints, but for me that's just it. 

Want to live a lifestyle similar to the Westerners? Stay in Australia or New Zealand. 

Since so many Malaysians, Singaporeans, Chinese and Hong Kongers have started migrating there, seeing us migrants everywhere in Aussie has became a little terrifying to the local Aussies. We start businesses there, we start buying houses there and we eventually start to take on jobs that "should've" been for fellow Australians. 

Of course inevitably, Aussies will get a little angry at us Asians for doing so because they feel threatened. It's like a "Chinese tsunami" happening to them and well I understand where they're coming from.

Anyways back to the guy. He disagreed with me that racism was becoming an issue in Aussie. And in my head I was like: Dude, we all know that you look nothing like us Chinese people although you have a tad bit of Chinese blood in you, but could you be more ignorant???

He was Chindian so he was pretty blessed to have features which looked different than us typical Chinese. And so he continued giving me that sceptical face throughout the entire convo while I just tried my best to plaster a smile on my face, and even tried to give a few REAL life examples I heard from my friends.

Oh well. Didn't manage to convince that bull. At that very moment, I realised that this convo was probably not going anywhere else so I just decided to completely shut up. I mean both of us have, without fail, shown that our viewpoints were clearly distinct and in no way gonna put up with each other's bullshit. Well except for the part where I pretended to look like I agreed with what he said.

That's how nice I am -__-

But after that, it was all a blur and confusion. He talked about Rave parties and how it was awesome, and how he was working in a bar and etcetc la.

I mean whoa. Sorry if I'm such a good girl I haven't been to a Rave Party before, where everybody practically goes berserk, but you don't have to make it sound like its such a norm to go for one of those because IT ISN'T.

The part that really killed any sign of friendship that was starting to appear between us was when I asked what team Neymar was in.


This is Neymar. 
So hot I think I just got skin burned.
*releases happy sigh*

 I prolly should've shut up at that time but I couldn't help it cuz I was genuinely too curious, since they were all watching a football match. So he replied saying it was Barcelona.

As a natural reaction to something I've never heard before in my entire life, I asked incredulously: "There's a team called Barcelona?"
Yea I know. Wrong move. Wrong question.

And he was like OMG BARCELONA IS F*CKING POPULAR LA HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW??!

Again, I'm sorry my dad is such a LOSER who has no interest in watching a bunch of people kicking a poor ball all around a field, which resulted in all us (his kids) having no interest in it too.

Well, it's not my fault Barcelona wasn't 'popular' enough to be within my knowledge.
No offence if you're a Barcelona fan. But the only teams I know which exist would be Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Crystal Palace (ever since that day). Talking to me about football is like talking to fashion designers about rocket science.

Sigh. I felt so stupid that night when I went home. All because I have never been to Rave parties and I didn't know there was a football team called Barcelona. Best part was, after he was done making me feel like shit, he started flirting with my sister --"

He gave her the super nice treatment and talked nothing about dumb things which he talked to me about.

I guess when you're pretty you'll always get special treatment.

Ok enough of my moody ranting
I'll let the pictures do the talking now




 This is Ashley.
She is super cute.








 Theresa

 Elizabeth.
The best people you can look for who can cheer you up even on your worse days :')



The lovely carrot cake.

Jelly mooncakes.


All of them blew the candles together lol.


The Soos and the Hons.

The Second BBQ I had


This time only among ourselves







I just can't look good in side profiles :'(



 This was usingVenice's new Casio camera.
So canggih right.
The place was pretty dark but yet the photos came out with such a nice colour.
And this was without flash.
Mind you its around RM3k in stores just for a normal camera.

 Wee said I should learn from him on how to camwhore.
He thinks my 'poses' are boring LOL.

 But I think I'm perfectly fine.



I'll blog soon again :D
 Now I have to get started with this other blog which is supposed to be one of our assignments.
As if running one blog is not enough.
CIAO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment